AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Postural, structural and muscular function corrective program
- Lifestyle specific strength and conditioning
- Pain reduction and Injury prevention
- Nutrition, lifestyle and wellness coaching
Tommy Armenta believes fitness is a pathway to achieve physical and spiritual growth. Drawing on his own experiences of overcoming adversity through fitness, Tommy thrives on empowering his clients to be and feel their very best, inside and out. For Tommy and his clients, success means achieving clearly defined and individualized goals – whether it is to correct posture and eliminate back pain, increase vitality and energy, or undergo a physical transformation.
Tommy’s approach combines his deep understanding of fundamental functional fitness principles with an unyielding respect for each client’s strengths and weaknesses. To that end, Tommy onboards his clients via muscle testing; strength, movement and postural assessments; nutrition and wellness evaluation; and body composition analysis. Tommy uses this information to design a comprehensive customized program that often extends beyond the gym into lifestyle realms.
As a practitioner with 16 years of training experience and a pulse on the latest fitness innovations, Tommy sees above fitness fads. Biomechanical precision is at the core of Tommy’s methodology, a focus that corrects compensatory patterns and enables optimal gains while preventing injury. His workouts combine tried and true exercises with innovative moves – every workout is fun, unique, and efficient.
Tommy’s thirst for knowledge and quest to bring the best tools to his clients has led him to study various muscle testing techniques including P-DTR and NKT. Designed to address muscular and neurological dysfunctions, Tommy incorporates these methods into workout sessions real-time on the gym floor as needed. Clients often experience immediate pain relief and permanently resume optimal movement patterns.
An avid multi-disciplinary athlete, Tommy brings a competitive mindset and adventurous spirit to every workout session. Tommy has traveled the world performing with his Kung Fu school and served in the armed forces. On any given weekend, you can find Tommy playing basketball and ping pong, hiking and skiing, or experimenting with photography and digital editing.
Above all, Tommy’s life purpose lies in his family and his role as a father to his incredible 11 year old son, Nikko. In Tommy’s words, “Nikko is my best friend and he’s the fire that keeps me striving. I love him with all of my heart.”
EDUCATION + Mentorship.
- CHEK Institute – Exercise Coach, Level 1,2 Practitioner, and Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 2. Mentor: Paul Chek
- P-DTR (Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex) – Basic and Intermediate. Mentor: Dr. Jose Palomar
- NKT (NeuroKinetic Therapy) – Level 1, 2, 3. Mentor: David Weinstock
- Athletes Performance – Phase 1, Arizona. Mentor: Mike Verstegen
- Institute of Human Performance – Mentorship I, Boca Raton, FL: Juan Carlos Santana