AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Calisthenics Skills: Core + Extremity Strength
- Gymnastics Influenced Strength, Mobility and Movement Training
- Improvement of Strength to Weight Ratio: Muscle Gain + Fat Loss
- Aesthetically Based Body Building: Posture + Beyond
- Yoga, Pilates, TRX, Sport style Kettlebell Lifting
Joanna is a California native who believes that fitness is one of several components that contribute toward optimal health. She encourages her clients to see exercise as a fundamental part of a balanced modern lifestyle. Her educational style of training well suits people who are new to exercise, looking to heal from injuries or chronic pain, or simply improve their quality of life by incorporating exercise.
Since her start in the fitness industry in 2005, Joanna has adopted the motto “work out smarter, not harder” which reflects her belief in quality and appropriate dosage when it comes to working out.
Joanna’s aim is to find the appropriate balance between what a client wants, and what a client needs as determined by, among other things, a thorough initial movement screen and ongoing re-evaluations. The workout programs she develops are informed by her passion for continuously studying movement from a wide variety of modalities including a few of her personal favorites; yoga, aerial arts and kettlebell lifting.
Joanna strives to develop individualized exercise programs that have clients feeling challenged yet successful during every session; energized rather than exhausted after every session; and most importantly, seeing and feeling positive results throughout the course of their time spent working with her.
- BA Psychology BA Sociology University of California at Davis
- Personal Trainer and Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM)
- Dragon Door Progressive Calisthenics Certified Trainer
- FMS 1 and 2
- MovNat 1 and 2
- Yoga RYT Specializing in Restorative Yoga
- Balanced Body University Pilates
- TRX Suspension Training and TRX Sports Medicine Training
- WKC (Sport Style) Kettlebell Lifting