AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Core Strength Training
- Body Sculpting + Weight Loss Training
- Holistic Lifestyle Coaching + Nutrition Consultation
- Corrective +Rehabilitative Exercise and Older Adult Fitness-Specialties: Back, Hip, Shoulder, Knee, Ankle
“To be a practitioner of health & fitness, empower others with the connection of mind, body & spirit to achieve optimal health and well-being, and giving to our community everywhere possible.”
I strive to bring awareness of tried and true techniques, coaching unique individuals to achieve realistic-holistic health & fitness goals. Elaine inspires through encouragement, compassion, and commitment.
Beyond a private practice, Elaine reaches out to the community; offering outdoor group exercise classes; managing health promotion programs for non-profits; working with other medical professionals; and coaching youth fitness programs.
Elaine was born in Caracas, Venezuela. She has lived in Saudi Arabia, Washington State, Wisconsin, Missouri, & Kansas, before settling in San Francisco in 2002. Elaine’s fitness developed from an early age, as she participated in multiple sports, competed in the Junior Olympics as a swimmer, and received a full scholarship to play Division II college basketball. During her sports career, however, Elaine had to overcome various injuries; fractures, herniated discs, and sprains to name a few. Elaine’s experience in healing her own body led her to work with physical therapists at Presidio Sport & Medicine where she assisted clients with post-rehabilitation exercises, while becoming certified as a personal trainer in 2005.
Then in 2008, she held the position of Health & Fitness Manager at the 30th Street Senior Center, a program of OnLok, Inc., where she expanded two city-wide fitness & health education programs to over 1,000 older adults living in San Francisco. During the summer, Elaine is the fitness coach at the Azzi Camp, a youth basketball camp in Marin County. Elaine is also a boot camp coach and owner of “Workout on the Hill” in Bernal Heights, since 2004. In 2011, Elaine suffered herniated and bulging discs of her lumbar spine, and through holistic exercise and lifestyle changes, she recovered without surgery! She has transformed her body for physique competition, and has a passion to help you heal from injury, increase strength and vitality to have the body, health & well-being you dream of!
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology (CHEK) Practitioner, specializing in spinal pathologies
- Master Personal Trainer & Nutrition Consultant, National Personal Training Institute (NPTI)
- MA in Sport Management from the University of San Francisco
- BA in Business Communication from Rockhurst University
- Certified Senior Fitness Instructor, American Senior Fitness Association (ASFA)
- Licensed Practitioner (RScP) United Centers for Spiritual Living
- Certified TRX Group Instructor
- Bilingual in English/Spanish