One of the questions I get a lot is “what is a good way to monitor your food intake?” The easiest way to do this is to cook for yourself, and you don’t always have to make chicken and steamed veggies for Monday through Sunday! Take the below recipe for a delicious Greek Salad by DIAKADI Trainer Lynne Anderson.
Every Saturday I train my client Mara, who's family comes from Greece. Her mom and sister live there. While we train we get to talk about travel, lifestyle and of course food so thinking about we love to eat and Greek food comes up often! Here is a great Greek Salad to try!
- One whole cucumber peeled and quartered
- 4-6 tomatoes....ripe and dripping
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/8 cup of Greek feta
- 1-2 tbsp of fine of olive oil
- pinch of dried Greek oregano
Mix in a large salad bowl and enjoy the taste of Greece!