Who shouldn't do this exercise?
People who currently experience low-back pain should avoid doing this stretch.
Who needs this exercise?
This exercise is great for desk workers, all athletes, (particularly golfers, tennis players and swimmers) and people who travel a lot or sit for prolonged periods.
For Best Results:
- You can do this exercise standing or sitting.
- Starting with Right arm at your side.
- Keeping your arm relatively straight, lift it up to the sky in an exaggerated-waving motion.
- Once your right arm is extended at your head, use your Left hand to give it an added push at your shoulder.
- You can give your side a little bend for an added stretch.
- Do this 10 times on each side.
- You should be able to get further and further into the stretch with each repetition (don't over-do it!).
- Don't forget to breathe.
Note: If you feel pain and/or numbness during the exercise, discontinue until checking with a professional.