Trainer Name | Mike LaSala Michael’s cutting edge training philosophies are shaped by the physical and mental challenges he creates for himself through his passion for sports. His experience covers a range as wide as the needs of his clients. He grew up playing competitive tennis, competed in Maui Thai kickboxing tournaments and spent a summer training in France with a member of the French national windsurfing team. From as early as high school he taught athletes in freestyle in-line skating, snowboarding, windsurfing and tennis.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
1. Creative functional and dynamic workouts 2. Maximum fat loss and nutrition planning 3. Sport specific conditioning 4. CROSSFIT training 5. kick boxing 6. Muscle toning and Muscular development
Michael, himself, is an avid surfer, kiteboarder, and snowboarder. He loves to play baseball and has competed in several triathlons. He is always looking to create new and unique exercises to help him attain his own performance goals and incorporates them with proven training techniques. Because of this he is able to offer his clients a training experience far above any other.
Michael’s belief in his clients is contagious. He understands your goals and will teach you how to achieve them. When you train with him you will develop a better understanding and control of your body, which in turn will lead to greater confidence in yourself. He expects the best out of everybody he works with and will, undoubtedly, have you doing things you never thought possible. To train with Michael is to make a commitment to yourself of being better than you ever thought you could be.
Education and Certifications
- B.S. from SF State
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM): Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) series 2, CPT series 3, Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- Kettlebell Training with Steve Cotter
- WAC Academy: Training Cancer Patients and Survivors
- Volunteer work: Joy of Sports Foundation
- Cross Fit Certified