AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Postural Correction & Restorative Exercise
- Functional Resistance Training
- Pre & Post Pregnancy Training
- Nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Back Care
- Core Conditioning
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
- Metabolic Typing
Tara Rota began her career as an exercise physiologist in 1996, managing exercise programs for physical therapy patients. Five years later, she opened her own personal training business and began working with clients holistically. Rather than focusing solely on a standard exercise program, Tara also pays close attention to a client's lifestyle, nutrition, hydration, workload, stress levels, sleep quality, down time and thought patterns.
Tara conducts personalized assessments with each client before designing a training program. A movement and flexibility assessment determines areas in need of strengthening and stretching. A food log helps clients evaluate and improve their nutritional intake. A Metabolic Typing Questionnaire identifies a client's genetic dietary requirements and determines the levels of carbohydrates, fat and protein specific to each metabolic type. Finally, a Nutrition & Lifestyle Questionnaire examines a client's food habits, stress levels, digestive function, detoxification systems, and sleep/wake cycles.
Understanding the interrelatedness of all of these factors, Tara helps clients make long-term lifestyle changes and achieve a level of vitality that enables them to achieve their goals.
- B.S. Exercise and Sport Science
- CHEK Practitioner Level 1
- CHEK Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach Level 2
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NeuroMuscular Reprogramming