AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Body Composition Transformation (fat loss, muscle gain)
- Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness
- Fitness Nutrition
- Program Design
- PNF Stretching, General Flexibility
Nate has been training for over 10 years and has worked with a wide variety of clientele. A unique combination of formal education and practical experience allows him to design effective programs tailored to the needs and goals of each individual. He is most passionate about working with fitness athletes.
According to Nate, "Fitness athletes are people whose main purpose for exercising is to change their body composition. While others may train for rehab, functional movement, or sport performance (and those can be incorporated into my overall programs), the fitness athlete is primarily concerned with altering their appearance -- dropping body fat and/or gaining lean muscle. This can range from a complete beginner just trying to shape up to a fitness athlete or model preparing for a competition or photo shoot."
In addition to his training business Nate is a writer in the bodybuilding and fitness industry. He is a featured writer on Musclemania.com and Bodybuilding.com, and regularly updates his personal site with informative articles and posts.
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise
- Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, International Sports Science Association
- Certified Specialist in Performance Nutrition, International Sports Science Association
- Post-baccalaureate studies in Kinesiology, San Francisco State University
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- 2009 Musclemania America Champion - bantamweight division.
- 2004 Max Muscle Natural Bodybuilding Champion -- lightweight
- Former Professional Wrestler and acrobatics/stunt instructor with All Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Iron.
- Trained in Capoeira (Brazilian martial art)
- Fitness Modeling experience
“I’ve learned from Nate how to eat and exercise in a way that has me in the best shape of my life while dealing with the non-stop work schedule of a start-up founder.”
“After 3 months following one of Nate’s nutrition plans I have shed a significant amount of body fat. I have to say, I have never looked better, and more importantly, felt better and more alert and energetic in my life. The most important part is how easy the plan was to integrate into my hectic schedule — long hours, business travel, etc. Nate understands how athletes work and think, as well as the thought processes of the highly Type A professional. I cannot recommend Nate’s book enough. He is superb.”
“As a physician who has undergone the rigors of medical training, I know what it means to endure and be consistent. But after years of trying various fitness programs, including professional training, I was not satisfied with the results. When I started training with Nate Miyaki, I realized that persistence is not enough. I needed the RIGHT kind of focus and nutritional knowledge to back up the training. Nate has shown me how to combine subtle variations in the workouts with a primary focus on nutritional modifications to get results. His understanding of human physiology – and its response to varying stimuli — flows from him intuitively. Now, 48-years old, I’m in the best shape of my life. My patients and their families keep telling me how healthy and youthful I look. Many have told me that I inspire them to take better care of themselves.”
DIAKADI PUBLISHED BLOG ARTICLES
06.26.12 | The Fat Loss Consultant
03.21.12 | The Fat Loss Hierarchy
07.20.10 | The 80/20 Rule